Dr. R. Philip and Diane Acuff Endowed Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health, School of Medicine
Director, NextGen Precision Health Center for Reproductive Sciences
NextGen Focus Area: Reproductive Health
Jae-Wook Jeong’s research is devoted to understanding the molecular mechanisms regulating normal physiology and disease development in the uterus. He focuses on reproductive sciences to develop advanced diagnostic and therapeutic tools for improved understanding of the pathophysiology of disorders including infertility, endometriosis and endometrial cancer.
Precision Health Impact:
- Developing novel imaging methods and biomarkers for endometriosis and endometrial cancer.
- Multidisciplinary investigation of the genome, epigenome and/or transcriptome as they affect the development, progression and treatment response in gynecologic conditions.
- Developing innovative in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo model systems to study healthy endometrium and gynecologic conditions.
- Marquardt RM, Kim TH, Yoo JY, Teasley HE, Fazleabas AT, Young SL, et al. Endometrial epithelial ARID1A is critical for uterine gland function in early pregnancy establishment. FASEB J. 2021 Feb;35(2):e21209.
- Ahn JI, Yoo JY, Kim TH, Kim YI, Broaddus RR, Ahn JY, et al. G-protein coupled receptor 64 (GPR64) acts as a tumor suppressor in endometrial cancer. BMC Cancer. 2019 Aug 14;19(1):810.
- Kim TH, Yoo JY, Choi KC, Shin JH, Leach RE, Fazleabas AT, et al. Loss of HDAC3 results in nonreceptive endometrium and female infertility. Sci Transl Med. 2019 Jan 9;11(474):eaaf7533.
- Yoo JY, Kim TH, Shin JH, Marquardt RM, Müller U, Fazleabas AT, et al. Loss of MIG-6 results in endometrial progesterone resistance via ERBB2. Nat Commun. 2022 Mar 1;13(1):1101.
- Lee SH, Seo J, Park SY, Jeong MH, Choi HK, Lee CJ, et al. Programmed cell death 5 suppresses AKT-mediated cytoprotection of endothelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018 May 1;115(18):4672–7.
Department website: https://medicine.missouri.edu/faculty/jae-wook-jeong-phd